Sunday 18 August 2013

Men are so damn confusing . . .

I'll contact when I am settled in .. 

That's what O said almost 3 days ago. 

He was moving on Friday - carting his stuff from the ex GF's house - some was going to be stored at his parents' house - electrical stuff he wants to photograph and sell online - the rest, to his new digs. I didn't expect to hear from him on the Friday and thought perhaps not Saturday but, it's now past his bedtime on Sunday night and not a word, not a call, not even an SMS. 


Fuck you O. 


Why do men think it's okay to run hot and cold? Why is okay to call and skype and text constantly for a week and then disappear for three days? 


MY 'friends' at the women's forum I am a member of (well, I was, I kinda lost my temper yesterday and got banned ..lol) would say that it shows he isn't really interested; that no man who was truly interested in making me part of his life would risk not contacting for three days. 


They are most probably right. 


I am really struggling tonight. Struggling to come to terms with what is wrong with me. Because, you know, there MUST be something wrong with me. Why else would I put up with everything O is asking of me/doing to me? Why am I wiping away tears when he is obviously enjoying himself settling into new digs and getting to know his new roomies? 


I really need to come to terms with the facts as they are:



  • He thinks it is fine to ignore me for 3 days. 
  • He still has an active POF profile and is listed as single. 
  • He 'decided' that he is staying in his current city for another 12 months and this was decided without any discussion with me so, obviously, he doesn't think I should have any input or say - I am not part of his life in that way. 
  • He cannot 'love' me (or anybody)
  • He doesn't want a 'traditional' relationship (with anyone). 


WTF is wrong with me? Is my self-esteem so very low that I am just grateful for the time and attention that he does give me? 


No, it's not that simple, it really isn't. The confusing thing is that he behaves like we ARE in a relationship - he (usually) calls/texts/skypes a few times every day, we are (at least I thought we were) the central person in each others life (okay so being MIA for three days doesn't support this very well .. I get that). 


I have no idea what to do. My first impulse is to not respond for as long as he is MIA for - the problem with this of course is that not responding is an active/aggressive thing to do whereas not contacting is a passive thing to do so, they aren't equal. If I don't respond it is sending a clear message of 'I don't want to talk to you/am pissed off with you' .. but not contacting can mean anything .. not anything good admittedly but, it isn't aggressive in the same way that not responding is. 


It just hurts and I am so, SO tired of being doubtful and hurting. 


If any men are reading this - take note: It hurts us terribly when you don't contact, it belittles us and makes us feel unimportant. If that is your intention all well and good but, if you value your lady, just check in with her .. let her know that no matter what else is going on, you are thinking of her. This is especially important when you are in a LDR because all of our insecurities come out to play if we are left wondering in the silence. 




No comments:

Post a Comment